For both men and women balancing estrogen is essential for optimal health and well-being. Here are 5 ways to ensure a healthy balance:
- Consume adequate protein: Proteins are made up of amino acids, which open pathways of detoxification in the liver. Relating your liver to a six-lane highway, all lanes need to be wide open for smooth flow of traffic. Amino acids keep the lanes open and prevent traffic jams. Aim for 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight.
- Improve gut health: Probiotics and fermented foods are excellent for improving gut bacteria and preventing a leaky gut. Kimchee, saurerkraut, pickled foods and kombucha are all fantastic sources of naturally occurring probiotics.
- Supplement with adaptogenic herbs: Nutrients that dampen stress hormones including rhodiola, holy basil, black cohosh and ashwaghanda are just a few natural herbs that are beneficial in supporting estrogen levels and can be found in pharmaceutical-grade supplements.
- Minimize daily toxins: Products containing the ingredient Fragrance or Parfum may contain up to 100 chemicals. These chemicals are known cause allergic responses, birth defects and hormone disruptors. Use natural household cleaning ingredient products like vinegar and avoid toxic kitchen, beauty and cosmetic products.
- Consume fibre: Consuming 30-40 grams of daily fibre is essential for removing toxins from the body. High fibre-containing foods are beans, leafy greens, fruit skin, flax seeds, oats and bran sources. Supplementing with a fibre product is also beneficial if on low carbohydrate diet.
Owner and Trainer at Fit Culture
Markus Rosenberg received his degree in Kinesiology and Health Sciences from York University. He is the founder of Fit Culture Inc., a boutique style personal training studio, which specializes in full service personal training, nutrition and supplement programs working with clients in Concord, Thornhill, Vaughan and North York/Toronto.
Latest posts by Markus Rosenberg (see all)
- 15 Tips on Achieving Mental Laser Focus and Better Daily Energy - August 25, 2017
- 7 Stumbling Blocks To Better Body Composition - April 4, 2017
- 8 Powerful Ways To Minimize The Risk of Diabetes - March 1, 2017